New Release - 5 oz. Pure Silver Coloured Coin - Canadian Icons - Mintage 1,500 (2017)
BEAUTIFULLY ENGRAVED IN FIVE OUNCES OF 99.99% PURE SILVER.
From the mountains of Western Canada to the maritime emblems of Atlantic Canada to the inukshuk that reflects the spirit of the North, these are the classic images that define a nation on this special anniversary year. Experience Canada from coast to coast to coast with an inspirational collage of red-coloured icons, all of which come together beautifully to form the most iconic of all Canadian symbols: the maple leaf.
- CANADIAN ICONS IN SHAPE OF MAPLE LEAF! Celebrate Canada's 150th anniversary through the classic icons that reflect the Canadian experience from coast to coast to coast!
- SPECIAL MEANING FOR EVERYONE! Maple leaves, the CN Tower, a hockey stick, birds, bears, salmon and more—every element within the mosaic featured on the 65 mm reverse touches on the different ideas of what defines Canada, in our own eyes and in the eyes of the world!
- BEAUTIFULLY RENDERED! Against the polished shine of a proof finish, the crisply edged engraving adds dimension to the icons that are unified by the application of red paint, as they form that most well-known Canadian icon of all: the maple leaf.
- A VISUAL FEAST FOR THE EYES! Your coin's large diameter (65 mm) allows for a wealth of details for you to discover and re-discover time and time again!
- DOUBLE-DATED! Your coin includes the commemorative dates "1867-2017"!
- INCLUDES OFFICIAL CANADA 150 PRIVY MARK! Your coin includes the official Canada 150 privy mark, making your coin a special celebration for the year 2017!
- SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! Your coin includes a serialized certificate!
- LOW MINTAGE! Limited to 1,500 coins worldwide.
- 5 OUNCES PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from five ounces 99.99% pure silver!
- GST/HST EXEMPT! Your coin is GST/HST exempt.
Artist Tami Mayrand presents a symbolic homage to Canada through the classic images that broadly define what it means to be Canadian. Each engraved icon represents a Canadian theme or idea; united by an application of red paint, they form the distinctive silhouette of a predominant Canadian symbol: the maple leaf.
Within this pointed outline, the nation's geography, flora and fauna are well represented by various silhouettes: a mountain peak; small maple leaves; pine cones; an evergreen tree; birds in flight; a wolf; a moose; polar bear; squirrel; sea lion; bear; bison; a Canadian Inuit dog; and our national symbol, the beaver. A blade of wheat and a bottle of maple syrup highlight some of Canada's most famous agricultural exports, while a hatchet alludes to the forests that have shaped the nation's history. Inukshuks and a tepee pay tribute to the history and richly varied cultural traditions of Canada's First Nations peoples, while a schooner, whale tail, salmon, and orca are a nod to Canada's coasts.
Canada's innovative spirit is well represented by an icon of the aeronautic industry, and the tower that defines Toronto's skyline. But most prominent of all is our love for the great outdoors, and the pastimes we enjoy through the seasons, as illustrated by: snowflakes; a snowman; a curling stone; a snowmobile; sprig of holly; a canoe; a Muskoka chair; figure skates; winter gear; and ski equipment. A puck, helmet and skate are included to reflect a nation's fervent passion for its winter sport, including a hockey stick that forms the maple leaf's petiole.
The reverse includes the engraved word "CANADA", the commemorative dates "1867-2017" and the official Canada 150 privy mark. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with Canada 150 themed black beauty box.
Awaiting Stock! Check availability here